Jump to specialist searches
For some reason translate.google.com tries to use POST when they require GET and the result on my system is an unfriendly error message. I have modified their form for your use at a translation form on my reference page (at the bottom). The only serious change is from method POST to GET and it works. Google have been told but merely say it works for them as is. I'm not the only one...
The various search tools have differing sets of web pages and differing algorithms. For difficult subjects it is usually best to use two or three search engines at least. Don't use links to Ask, I find them quite objectionable, useless pages.
I have found it advantageous to try some of the other search engines below.
Access Key Details
Stephen's Entry Page | TI99/4a |Linux |Search | History St Thomas Church Heaton Chapel | Entertainment | Music Links
Light Reference | Educational Reference | Science Fiction | Travel | News Links | Anime